The House of Soranus has long been known amongst Draughtians and the wider Empire as stern moralists, a bloodline steeped in honorable traditions and renown for the strength of their word. A Soranus does not lie, it has been told, and their peers have often times come to them as arbiters in conflicts.
House Soranus has connections through marriage to the Maritus family of Guardian, as well as the Dhaval, Codex, Valens, Pasternak, Chatham, and Candide families of Draught.
They are staunch supporters of Purism, and among such devotees, theirs is considered the bulwark of faith. The Baron Ethos holds a position of unofficial leadership of the sect.
(More real history coming soon.)
- April 9. The game of musical titles continues for members of the Soranus family. Helena retains her duties as Castellan and is once more named Imperial Chamberlain, while setting aside the position of Mistress of the Purse. Tiege is named to the new position of First Minister, placing him as the head of the Imperial Council.
- March 25. After nearly two years gone and thought dead, Helena's husband Mihovil makes his first public appearance at the beach party to celebrate the Victory over Tyrean aggressors.
- March. Karyleine quietly resigns from the position of Imperial Chronicler.
- February 26. In a small family ceremony at the Temple in Ethos, Karyleine is wed to Cecil Chatham, making him the new Lord Codex.
- February. With Duchess Draught's return to Gateway, Helena steps down as Lady Protector, but remains in service to the castle as it's castellan and then takes on the position of Mistress of the Purse.
- January 13. Tiege is named Praetor of Gateway by Dux Bellorum, Aaric Barca. He will assist the Dux in the coordination of domestic affairs to the benefit of the broader security effort.
- December 30. The Temple of Providence announces the laicization of Prior Tiege Soranus, which sees him released from his priestly vows and duties associated therein. He remains a cherished brother of the faith and follower in good standing.
- September 21. The betrothal of Karyleine to Cecil Chatham is announced with the wedding planned for March, 513.
- July 17. Karyleine is named to the position of Imperial Chronicler.
- December 30. Tiege Soranus is ordained into the priesthood as Prior Tiege Soranus. His ordination is the first to take place in the Temple of Providence on Gateway.
- August 22. By decree of the Crown Prince, Helena is relieved from her duties as Imperial Regent and named Lady Protector of Draught, in the absence of the Duke and Duchess who have gone to Tyr to serve as Ambassadors.
- June. Helena, who has been a rather public Regent, all but disappears from public view and Mihovil disappears completely. There's rumors of knights scuffling and some new faces are seen about. Finally Helena is occasionally seen at the Temple and is allowed some visitors, but just what has happened is yet not quite understood.
- September 26. Helena hosts the Providence's Blessing festival, a week-long event to celebrate the blessings and diversity of the Five Isles.
- April 1 In what is called a miracle in the Temple of Providence on Gateway, a person left at the feet of Providence in a blinding glow of light turns out to be Tiege Soranus, with whispers that Providence has brought him back.
- Late October. Karyleine temporarily takes over as chamberlain for her sister, Helena, while the latter is gone on a mysterious trip with several others. While she is gone, the Great Schism rips across the Empire, ending the Breath, sending half of the Barony of Ethos crashing into the sea, and claiming the lives of thousands - including Leon's.
- January 16. Parsifal assumes leadership of House Soranus and the Purist faith.
- January 4. Ravelle dies after taking the Purist Dragon toxin known as Honor's Chase.
- June 2. Helena is named the Imperial Chamberlain.
- April 17. Tiege is laid to rest with his forefathers in the Soranus Family Crypt with close family in attendance.
- April 15. Athar eliminated the separatist lines of the three paths of Purism and united everyone under one calling: the Path of the Light. This act became known as the Restoration.
- April 6. Tiege is killed by a pirate's poison. His loss is felt throughout the Purist community as well as the rest of the Empire, leading several of the faithful to question in their grief.
- March 10. Kristian Codex is killed by an assassin's crossbow bolt in the Temple at Ethos.
- January. A coup is initiated by a small section of Purists led by Parsifal Valens and Kristian Codex that exiles Athar, Helena, Karyleine, Tiege, and Leon. ( Linette was mistakenly included in the exiling and was returned to Gateway alone about six days later.) The group exempted Ravelle from the exiling to retain Soranus command of the land and to try and negotiate a new leadership of the faith by wedding her to Parsifal.
- Late May. Ravelle was attacked by a icy wraith-like creature in the Keeper North. She suffered a dangerous cut to her neck that had to be stitched by her sister, Helena on the spot. Household guard Norbert did not survive the attack and died almost instantly.
- June 25. The Baron kills Zipporah Gilat, a known vampire, sparking debate across the Empire regarding what defines a citizen. He was not charged with anything.
- Tiege begins a series of Purist debates at the Gateway University, well attended by a wide spectrum of society.
- June. Ravelle becomes adjunct professor of Ethical Practices at Gateway University.
- October. Bastion enters the knighthood as a squire. He is promptly told he will be called by his middle name, Nicodemus.
- October. Ravelle begins her work with the Ministry of Scientific Studies (MOSS).
- Helena begins her training at the Healer's College at the age of 12.
- January 16. Athar is born.
- Caius Nicodemus Justin Soranus - Baron Ethos (b. 8-23-432) (d. 4-16-482)
- His Wife
- Elaine Jenella Lucinna Soranus - Baroness Ethos (b. 11-4-436) (d. 1-16-501)
- Their Children
- Titus Soranus - Lord Soranus
- His Wife
- Charity Soranus - Lady Soranus
- Their Children
- Tiege Erol Justin Soranus - First Minister (b. 6-22-488) (d. 4-507) (resurrected)
A list of those NPCs that serve House Soranus and are referred to on a regular basis in RP.
Lucia - Household maid, mid-40s. She's been with the family for many years, having watched the current generation grow up. She is a no-nonsense kind of woman and very practical.
Rutger - Guard, 33. Born and educated in Draught, he's been a devout sentinel at the temple in Ethos for many years. With the death of Ravelle's last guard, Norbert, he was sent for as a replacement. He is no nonsense and barely possesses a sense of humor. His duty is to serve the Goddess in any capacity he can as a guard. This duty has led to him working for the Soranus household.
Uriah - Guard, 38. A veteran warrior, Uriah was born in Draught but spent a bit of time in the military of Guardians before his tour was over and he could return to serving the House Soranus as his father did. He is no nonsense and stalwart in his Purist beliefs.
Giles - Guard, Mid-late 30s. Formerly a household guard of the Soranus family, he left to serve Lady Helena Soranus when she was named Imperial Chamberlain. Now that she has taken on the role of Regent of the Empire and has the protection of the Imperial Knights, he has returned to Ethos to serve in the House guard again as an instructor.
Evan Laurentus - Butler; Leon's nemesis.
Gaspar - Athar's valet.
Delia - Housekeeper at the Ethos keep.
Gamaliel - Master Healer at Ethos.