From Crossroads Wiki
Crossroads has an extensive list of channels that cover a variety of topics and are great for socializing with fellow players. Listed below are a few guidelines to keep in mind when using channels:
- Channels are not a place for bashing other people's poses, characters, or the players behind the keyboard. We are all adults, but it can be easy to pack together when one person starts with a disdainful comment, and quickly descend to spreading dislike. Channels are a place for socialization, but when that socialization turns destructive toward a player, character, or the game, we're going to step in. It is not acceptable.
- Channels are not the place to become a Woe Virus. Everyone may have the occasional (or frequent!) problem with IC, OOC, or RL, but channels are not the place to be bemoaning this at length. If it's a game problem then drop a +request to staff. If it's something else we recommend keeping it in pages to close friends rather than spamming a channel.
- Faction channel membership should be kept to characters who are in or who have a significant tie to that faction. 'Significant ties' means a character is sworn into that faction, has been born or raised in that faction, is an initiate into the faction, or has some other major tie that binds them to the faction. This is left to faction head discretion. At any time a faction head can ask someone to leave a faction channel. If you're not certain about whether or not it's appropriate that one of your characters have membership to a certain channel, ask the faction head or staff member responsible for overseeing the channel.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, all channels are strictly OOC. Players may sometimes chat in the habit or voice of their character, but nothing on channel is IC, nor should it be taken as IC.
- If in doubt about the appropriateness of the content of a specific conversation, consider whether or not you'd want to be a new player on the game listening to the conversation. Specifically, conversation on the Newbie and Public channels is held to a higher standard than others. For the Raunchy channel, add at your own risk and remember that it's 18+-Adults-Only.