The House of Caprios arose out of the ashes of a demonic empire thrown down. The first of their line, Sebation, would better be known to the world of Ikol as the Champion and the Keeper of the Gateway forged to withhold demonkind in their prison. An unbroken succession of emperors have taken up the responsibility and the mantle of protecting the Gate against the Lord of the Abyss' followers, though their duty has not been without cost or consequence. Men and women of the line have perished under questionable circumstances and died young, so often caught up in the intrigues to keep Ikol safe.
The House's storied history is intimately intertwined with the affairs of the island of Gateway and the empire as a greater whole.
- 22 October: Empress Philomena Caprios, along with others of her family, die in their attempt to close the Gateway. It is later revealed that they were successful.
- 25 September: During Council the Empress announces that Eleanor is Lady Regent of Draught until Dorian Claremont comes of age.
- 18 December: The Emperor announces the dissolution of betrothal between Eleanor and the Lord of Trebachas, Tarrant Conway.
- 9 December: Prince Tomas Caprios, the Emperor's second son, is born at 12:30 AM.
- 21 October: It was announced in Open Council that Firenza is betrothed to Duke Draught.
- January: The Empress takes over visible leadership roles from Rourke.
- 24 March: Prince Xander Caprios dies in bed, weakened by illness from the odd dreamless sleep plaguing Gateway.
- 2 October: Imperial cousin Vincente Caprios dies saving the Emperor from assassination.
- 0-30: Emperor Sebation (prehistory - 30)
- married: Lady Caroline (10-10)
- married: Lady Camilla (18-30)
- children: Tasha, Lysander
- 30-53: Emperor Rourke (10-53)
- 53-89: Emperor Jordan (30-89)
- married: Shannah Rose, Guardian/Draught (51-89)
- children: Allanah, Maximillian, Demetri
- 89-102: Emperor Maximillian (53-102)
- married: Lady Adora Selenius, Mists (76-90)
- children: Thomas (died age 13), Michael, Sterling
- 102-123: Emperor (Michael) Jordan (81-123)
- 123-153: Emperor Thomas (103-153)
- married: Jenna Hoppus, Draught (125-153)
- children: Sebastian, Roland, Noella, Cassandra, Gerard
- 153-197: Emperor Sebastian (128-198)
- married: Cherish, Gateway (153-198)
- children: Jolene, Faith, Anneliese, Johanna, Rowen, Jasmine, Allana, Nina, Ariel, Nicholas
- 197-218: Emperor Nicholas (175-218)
- married: Marisa, Gateway (198-201)
- children: none (Marisa set aside)
- married: Yolanda, Gateway (201-218)
- children: Joshua, Samantha
- 218-236: Emperor Joshua (201-236)
- 236-256: Emperor Montgomery (218-256), rumored to have been murdered by his wife
- married: Jolene Barca, Guardian? (235-256)
- 256-284: Emperor Robert (236-284)
- married: Lady Lisolde, Draught (258-284)
- children: Tomas, Michael, Kendra
- 284-305: Emperor Tomas (259-305)
- married: Sansa, Mists (281-286)
- children: Cassius, Lawrence
- 305-334: Emperor Cassius (281-334), assassination from Tyr
- married: Lady Marguerite, Guardian (308-334)
- children: Sebastian, Alora
- 334-367: Emperor Sebastian (311-367)
- married: Lady Naomi, Draught (337-367), suicide
- children: Gladys, James, Gideon, Cora
- 367-400: Emperor James (340-400)
- married: Cassandra Driver, Gateway (368-400)
- 400-438: Emperor Jonathan (370-438)
- married: Lady Roberta Soranus, Draught (402-438)
- 438-470: Emperor Corin (402-470)
- 470-499: Emperor Maximilian (440-499)
- 499-509: Emperor (Maximilian) Rourke (483 - 509)