| January 2. Duke Guardian and Baroness Trebachas lead a group into the swamps of Fen March to seek out a lingering threat of darkness and put an end to it.
January 11. The Evernight Festival, a Mistian event, begins on Gateway.
January 12. The body of Sir Stimson Everett, Sheriff of Gateway, is found in the stocks down on the docks.
January 27. The Lord and Lady Protector of Green Fields name Savannah Rollins as Steward of the Lordship of Posey Pastures.
February 6. Lady Protector Draught announces the appointment of three new noble positions on Draught.
- Former Lady Regent Moria, Elmyra Jordan, is raised to Baroness Regent Destine. Calvin Reeves, of the well-known construction family in Moria, is named Lord Moria, and Vencel Molinar, noted expert on the trade and production of herbs, medicines and drugs in Elixir Vitae, is named Lord Regent Elixir Vitae in the absence of Nicodemos Crowley.
February 8. Duke Mists announces the new Margraves for Mists and which Margravate they will oversee.
- Northgate will be led by Margrave Gabriel Lyons, Southgate by Margrave Nesta Arethusa, Eastgate by Dhanistha Ravensford, and Westgate will be under the care of the Margraves and the High Council until a new Margrave can be appointed.
February 26. The Lord Primus's Guantlet competition comes to an end with a grand (and dangerous) obstacle course in the Coliseum.
- The final event, and the Gauntlet itself, is won by Cwenryth Stenvast. The other competitors were Andre Calypse, Fortunato Vitale, Marco Basso, and Roshana Anastos.
March 25. Lady Protector Draught assists in the re-opening of Geyser Springs Resort in Elixir Vitae. Normally a place for those with coin to spare, the resort is open to everyone wanting to attend.
April 22. Art collections are moved from the closed Museum of Art.
- Pieces from the Imperial Alcove have been moved to the Hall of Prayers within the castle, while those in the general gallery were moved to the social salon at the Grand Theater.
April 24. Those who bear the culture or heritage of the gypsy are no longer considered outlaws or enemies of the crown.
May 30. The Justicar of Gateway, Solphin Acaran, releases a proclamation calling for anyone with information on the location of missing former Imperial Regent, Mihovil Pasternak. He is wanted for questioning on the death of the sheriff, some foreigners and attacks on citizens.
June 1. Laraine Karaganinas dies, never quite recovering from the birth of her son. She leaves behind her husband, Weath Karaganinas and her son Jovani.
June 5. Andre Calypse is named the new Sheriff of Gateway.
June 7. It is discovered that a mysterious infection is spreading quickly through the city. A quarantine is quickly established to try and reduce it from spreading further.
June 9. It is made known that Vivienne De Costa, owner of the Heart of Art, has died, apparently a victim of the mysterious infection.
June 27. After a brief intrusion into Fairview Quarters by the Lord Chancellor and his men, concluding with the removal of a fair-haired, lanky, androgynous figure, it is announced that former knight Kyler Guybrush has been hiding in the city.
July 3. It is announced that the quarantine has finally been lifted.
July 13. It is announced that Lady Charlotte Kilgannon has been named to the position of Imperial Healer, taking on the new title of Minister of Healing.
July 17. Dhanistha Ravensford is removed from the duties as Imperial Magicar and Lady Karyleine Codex is named to the position of Imperial Chronicler.
July 17. Miss Adrasta Argyros of Guardian is held in the stocks for 9 hours, a punishment handed to her after an assault on Lieutenant Lawrence Strathclyde of Tyr.
July 21. The debate for the Citizen Speaker elections is held with candidates Roxana Arcos and Alexander Cystenian.
August 3. The Empire celebrates the birthday of Emperor Jordan Caprios with the traditional reenactment of the Champion's Conquest in the coliseum, followed by a picnic dinner in the pastures outside the city.
August 4. Signs of protest against Tyr begin to show themselves.
- The morning after the Champion's Conquest celebration, three large banners made from bedsheets are found hung on the Heart of Art, facing the castle. The first reads 'Remember Where We Came From' and depicts Providence with demons at her feet, standing next to a dark-haired figure wearing the emblem of the Emperor. The second, 'Five Isles, One Empire', shows all five isles of the Empire, their crests and the barrier around them, with a shadow to the south. The third has no words, just a picture of a Tyrean flag with an 'X' over it, alongside the crest of Gatway. Later that day members of the City Guard are seen painting over the banners with yellow-gray-green paint.
August 4. After many long years of hard work and dedication, Merchant's Row is finally opened.
August 8. Centurion Alexander Cystenian is elected the new Citizen Speaker.
September 19. Lady Protector Draught announces the betrothal of Lady Codex to Master Cecil Chatham. The couple is expected to be wed in March, 513.
October 22. The entire village of Olive Ridge in Caerdach on Guardian, a population of 200 people, is lost to a blaze that consumed the village and everyone in it. It is said that the infection that had plagued Gateway this summer was the cause, inciting the villagers to revelry, or perhaps a riot, that ended in tragedy.
November 24. Harvest begins on Green Fields, hosted this year by Lady Beatrice Attwood in Butterfly Fields.
November 24. Tealle Luxemberg is named the new Margravine of Westgate on Mists by Duke Myrddin Karaganinas.
December. Lord Tinker's Bench dies in his sleep. His heir, Callista Maricel assumes her position as Lady Tinker's Bench.
December 14. A son and heir, Rydderch Leopold Lotharius Philip Locke, is born to the Baron and Baroness Miller's Isle, Ethan and Asheria Locke.
December 24. A celebration of the Guardian's Ancestor's Day holiday down on the beach turns into a patriotic rally as attendees join together to unite under the cry that Gateway is One.
December 28. Word begins arriving from Tyr of political and military upheaval going on in the capital of Tyrandel. Among the news of note is the death of the King Consort, Jean Fransces du Soleil by the hand of Prince Andrew Llafarge, martial law in the city, and a blockade of the city's ports.
December 28. Duke Guardian sends out an order that all reservists and auxilia in the Imperial Legion are hereby called to active service.
December 30. The Temple of Providence announces the laicization of Prior Tiege Soranus, which sees him released from his priestly vows and duties associated therein. He remains a cherished brother of the faith and follower in good standing.