| 305 AG. Prince Cassius succeeds his father as Emperor.
- Emperor Tomas dies at age 46, leaving this life with a smile on his lips in the arms of his beloved mistress. He leaves Cassius as Emperor and Keeper of the Gateway Isles.
308 AG. Emperor Cassius weds.
- Emperor Cassius is wed to the Lady Marguerite of Guardians, sister to the First Knight.
311 AG. Prince Sebastian Caprios is born.
314 AG. Princess Alora Caprios is born.
- While Prince Sebastian is in Draught touring the realm, Emperor Cassius tumbles down a stair after a party in the Green Fields tower. He suffers a severe concussion and the healers fear for his life at first. Prince Sebastian is brought home with all due haste, but from this time forward the heir of the Keeper is forbidden to travel in case some accident should befall his sire.
334 AG. Emperor Cassius is killed by assassins from Tyr.
- Emperor Cassius is assassinated by foreigners from Tyr at age 52; the Emperor's heir, Sebastian, in his grief, exhibits the greatest power of the Keeper, raising a barrier that surrounds and insulates the Islands, one that remains shut until the reign of Rourke Caprios in 501. Questions about the wisdom of the barrier are rebuffed by the new Emperor, and the Empire is effectively isolated from the rest of the world of Ikol.
337 AG. Emperor Sebastian weds.
- Against the advice of his dukes and duchesses, Emperor Sebastian weds Lady Naomi of Draught after a stormy, month-long courtship characterized by as much fighting as romance.
340 AG. Princess Gladys Caprios and Prince James Caprios are born, twins.
- The people of the Islands spend years debating on whether the Princess will exhibit any of the skill of the Keeper. Fights break out between factions arguing the possibility that a female might inherit the Keeper line.
344 AG. Prince Gideon is born
- Empress Naomi gets on a ship to depart Gateway after a fight with her husband. When the ship is half-way to Draught, the enraged Emperor stops the currents and brings it back. The pair have a public shouting match when it reaches the docks, followed by the two of them taking over the Captain's cabin for private reconciliation.
- Nine months later, to the day, Prince Gideon is born.
- Emperor Sebastian holds a grand celebration of the 350th year of freedom in March, the event marked by a week of festivities within the coliseum. Empress Naomi and Emperor Sebastian quarrel during a recreation of the battle of Gateway, the former storming out of the event.
- In December, Princess Cora is born.
367 AG. Prince James succeeds his father as Emperor.
- Emperor Sebastian dies in a tragic accident involving silk ropes. Empress Naomi throws herself from the balcony of the Hall of Reflection.
- At age 27, Prince James inherits the title of Emperor and Keeper.
- Princess Gladys claims to be able to see the currents even though she cannot manipulate them.
368 AG. Emperor James weds.
- Emperor James is wed to Cassandra Driver, the daughter of the curator of the museum.
370 AG. Prince Jonathan Caprios is born.
370 AG. Prince Evan Caprios is born.
- The people of Green Fields stage a revolt and refuse to ship foodstuffs to the other Isles. Negotiations begin, with the Merchant Guild stepping in. Negotiations last for well over two years before terms are settled on. During that time, the isles find their profits going down and costs going up, creating difficult times across the Empire.
- The barrier adds to the difficulties, cutting off any trade from the outside world and giving Green Fields the power to control trade.